ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for a truly empathetic Product Designer to think strategically, see the big picture, and work closely with product management, learning experience, and development teams. Your job will be to design and improve experiences within our product that meet the specific needs of students within each of our verticals (driving, real-estate, and beyond).
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT & DESIGN TEAM
You are joining a Product & Design team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product and design, and enjoys a good bowl of ramen. The product design team is growing quickly, and this is a great opportunity to help foster collaboration and to bring a good design mindset to the broader organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research, prototype, test, design UI and iInteractions, and work with developers to launch features on all our platforms
- Work with Product Managers and the Learning Experience team to own our product roadmap as it relates to expanding our footprint in current verticals and launching new verticals
- Thinking big picture as you design new features to solve problems across many verticals and diverse demographics
- Think creatively to solve problems within challenging constraints
- Use and help maintain Aceable’s design system
- Help evangelize user-centric design and design thinking across the entire organization
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years UX-focused product design experience
- Experience using Sketch as a wireframing and UI design tool
- Experience using prototyping tools to create low-fidelity user flows as well as high-fidelity, complex interactions
- Experience with Abstract, Protopie (or similar prototyping tools), Zeroheight, development, and/or design system usage and maintenance a huge plus
- Ability to perform strongly at any stage of the design workflow from research to production.
- Experience building great user experiences on native as well as web platforms
- Strong understanding and point of view on how to make practical use of design thinking in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong UI and interaction design skills to back up solid UX principles
- NOTE: A current portfolio required to be considered for this position
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.