Senior Brand Designer at Literati
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to ignite the love of learning and the love of life by curating transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is the fastest growing company in Arts + Literature in the United States, and the #5 fastest growing company in Texas. Launching an innovative try-before-you-buy print book club for Kids in 2017, the company expanded in 2020 into hosting print and digital book clubs for the world's top authors, celebrities and brands. Clients include: Sir Richard Branson, Stephen Curry, Malala, Susan Orlean, Jesmyn Ward, Cheryl Strayed, Elin Hilderbrand, Roxane Gay, and Austin Kleon. Lovingly referred to as Austin's "fiction factory" the company curates and fulfills over a million books per quarter.
As Senior Brand Designer, you will play a crucial role in crafting consumer touchpoints from brainstorm through launch. Your work will directly impact our advertising creative, customer communications, and brand presence across channels, so you should bring fluency in elegant design and effective marketing across print and digital spaces. We are seeking a driven, highly skilled, self-motivated designer with previous experience in fast-paced creative environments.
Our ideal candidate has excellent time management skills, drives their own projects forward to completion, and sees every assignment as an opportunity to design something memorable. We’re looking for an individual contributor of epic proportions who takes great pride in their craft.Qualifications
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Bringing ideas to visual life and finding creative solutions for communication. We believe design is visual problem-solving, so your desire for finding the best possible solution should come through in every task.
- Designing a wide variety of marketing materials across digital and print: web design, email templates, digital ad creative, print materials, OOH creative, and more.
- Ingraining Literati’s high brand standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- Photography art direction and production.
- Reacting quickly to new information, opinions, and direction. You can strategically pivot, with efficiency, when necessary.
- Multitasking with extraordinary resourcefulness. You are a magician who builds art through creativity and innovation.
- Working in a fast-paced, passionate environment.
YOU WILL NEED:
- An outstanding design portfolio.
- BFA in Communication Design or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing design.
- Demonstrated ability to design for both digital and print.
- Authoritative expertise with Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced typography and layout skills.
- Bonus points for experience in motion graphics.
- Excellent time management & workflow efficiency skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Love and appreciation for books.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
This role is a part of our Marketing creative team. You’ll receive direction from a brand director and creative director and have the opportunity to work collaboratively with fellow visual and graphic designers, as well as copywriters.
- Producing visual customer messaging, brand visuals, digital and print advertising campaigns, a volume of digital acquisition touchpoints, business development visuals, and internal design projects.
- Assisting with photography art direction and production.
- Carrying projects from start to finish.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.