As the leading real-time development platform for gaming, interactive 3D design visualization, augmented and virtual reality, Unity is helping bring creations of all kinds to life faster than ever before. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we are making more and more tools to arm a wider audience to reach their creative potential!
As Sr. Manager, Art Director on the Games-Digital business, you will partner closely with cross-functional teams to find opportunities to push products further, and execute on solutions.
You will provide artistic leadership and contribute to the entire design and production process: concept, aesthetic development, and delivery of visually compelling 3D experiences and assets. You operate by working in the artistic styles that resonate with the many different target audiences across Unity’s Games and Digital products. These products will often be mobile, and are not solely game-related.
You are driven by a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment, and are able to take-in ideas from multiple points of view and offer recommendations and solutions.
You love digging into the details with high standards for aesthetics, craft, and execution! You also need to be comfortable and tactical with balancing these artistic standards with the business needs of a varied set of products.
This position is part of the Games-Digital product team and reports to the Sr. Director, Product Management.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with team members to own the design and implementation of a cohesive visual style for a product
- Work in collaboration with Product Design, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Data Science, and User Research to understand our users and create styles and concepts that inspire
- Work closely with the Production team to reach design alignment and source 2D/3D assets that complement and push the product and feature set
- Communicate executive vision, guide execution, and ensure on-brand delivery of assets at a high level of quality
- Seek out art and cultural trends to expand creative opportunities for our target audiences
What we’re looking for
- Experience as an Art Director, Digital Product Designer, Design Director at a game studio, a creative tooling company, or a company in the 3D/AR/VR/XR technology space
- Proven presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with experience communicating complicated, and sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively
- Hands-on experience with a 3D engine and Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender or other DCC tools
- Track record of delivering highly engaging, interactive experiences
- Experience coordinating, mentoring, and guiding the work of other artists and designers
You might also have
- An online portfolio showcasing relevant work
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Direct experience using the Unity editor is a plus
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity