Senior Product Designer
We're hiring a Senior Product Designer
Design valuable experiences and delightful moments for freelancers & recruiters, so they keep returning and show & tell their peers about Jolly.
Our mission is to end the exploitation era of the gig economy. Jolly is a professional social network for the gig economy, where freelancers and businesses connect to grow their networks, build their reputations and work together freely without a middleman.
Jolly helps freelancers take control of their independent career and find more opportunities to work with great people. For businesses who hire freelancers, Jolly is the fastest and most affordable way to find reliable workers. Tens of thousands of freelancers are already on Jolly, and thousands more are joining each month.
With founders based in Austin, TX and a distributed team across 7 countries, Jolly is currently part of Techstars Austin’s early 2020 cohort.
This position will be with our core team in Austin, so candidates must be located in Austin or willing to relocate.
Why join our team?
- Be a core part of a high-growth startup backed by Techstars, working as part of a top-performing team of passionate, driven and talented A-players
- Change the way humans serve each other, knowing your designs will create value for lots of users
- Tackle challenging and fun design problems, creating entirely new ways for people to connect, find work and learn new skills
- Advance your career by taking on responsibility and decision-making power about what we should prioritize and how we should design it
- Work within and help define a fun, progressive culture where we invest in ourselves and each other, focusing on overall happiness and continuous improvement
- Competitive salary plus equity options, with generous PTO
- Design web and mobile app user experiences for multiple user types - freelancers, and businesses. This includes identifying use cases, writing scenarios, creating wireframes, creating high-fidelity UI design, creating clickable prototypes, and annotating designs so they can be picked up by an engineering team to develop
- Conduct user research, synthesize the results, and communicate the results to the broader team
- Consistently develop new ideas and make recommendations about ways we might create value for our users — new features, experiments we might run, research we should conduct.
- Manage multiple design initiatives simultaneously (e.g. discovery/definition for net-new concepts alongside fielding smaller requests from engineering for well-defined/validated items in development)
- Collaborate with designers and other team members to share feedback and develop ideas
- Contribute to product roadmap prioritization
- Maintain a clear, organized and useful design language and style guide
- The dynamics of social networks, marketplaces, recruiting platforms, social games, or gig economy apps
- The language and experience of high growth early stage startup environments
- Empathy for what it’s like to be a freelancer
- Understanding ways that products influence users’ ability to live according to their personal values
- Understanding how developers think, so that you can work with mobile+web developers to ensure technical considerations are baked into design
- Excellent UX and UI design skills, designing for web apps and mobile apps
- Mastery in design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Zeplin)
- Conducting design research (e.g. usability testing, customer interviews, feature concept testing), synthesizing research results, collaborating with team members to interpret results
- Managing a high-volume design workflow
- Adapt to feedback without staying attached to a particular solution
- Clearly explaining the “why” behind design decisions
- Awesome but not required: game design · competitive research · microinteractions and in-product animations · Kano approach to creating delightful design · other tools like Abstract or Design System Manager