Senior UX Designer
Who You Are
- 5 or more years of experience with UX Design (mobile experience is a plus)
- Some experience designing in Agile design & development environments
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field
- Experience facilitating the sharing of standard methodologies, standards, and processes across UX teams
- Coherently present design methods, explorations, and tradeoff rationale to peers and executive partners
- Ability to use data to make sound recommendations in a team environment
- Knowledge of browser/device capabilities, web standards, forward-thinking enhancement, dynamic content retrieval, and responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, or other industry tools
- Basic understanding of technical platforms and terms (i.e. HTML, CSS, XML, etc.)
- Strong portfolio is required for consideration of this position
What You'll Do
- Collaborates with Product Managers to develop product strategy and plans for design execution.
- Works with Design team members to scope project approach and estimating level of effort.
- Provides UX direction and guidance to project teams across the project cycle, from research and ideation, through detailed design and production.
- Partners with the Head of Design and other UX Design Managers to strengthen the practice through team development, shaping and training of our methodology, and finding opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Ensures the development of a cohesive product experience for users across features and channels (devices).
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and direct management of career growth for individuals in the UX Design team. This includes conducting performance reviews and making recommendations for promotion.
- Assists with attracting and retaining highly skilled team members; partner with Recruiting to participate in screening and interviewing candidates.
- Provides feedback and insights to UX Design Manager regarding areas of best practices, design trends, techniques, and tools to be a leading-edge team.
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love