We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our RetailMeNot Product Design team in sunny, downtown Austin. You will be responsible for developing significant insights about our users, which help shape our product design strategy and recommendations for usability improvements to our products. You are experienced with many conventional UX research techniques and are able to confidently lead cross-functional activities to synthesize and derive meaning from research data. You'll be a mentor to other researchers and designers, helping train team members on how to participate and collaborate in generative and evaluative research activities. You'll be ultimately accountable for driving deeper understanding of our users to improve the overall user experience with our products.
This will be a 6-9 month contract with the opportunity to go full-time.
Who You Are
- 5+ years or more of professional experience with qualitative user research activities, including but not limited to: contextual inquiry and ethnographic techniques, participatory design, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, persona creation, and user journey mapping.
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic, collaborative design process to uncover insights and opportunities that inform design and product strategy
- Prior experience working in a product environment is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member and ability to motivate others
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Abreast of UX design methodologies, trends and techniques
- Familiarity with prototyping (e.g. InVision) and testing (e.g. UserTesting.com) tools
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment a plus
What You'll Do
- Frequently partners with Product Managers and Designers to develop product strategy and user hypotheses to pursue with research.
- Works with UX Design team members to scope project approach and estimating level of effort for research and user testing activities.
- Partners with the Head of Design to strengthen the practice through shaping and training of our research methodology finding opportunities for growth & improvement.
- Collaborates with Designers to explore and validate design concepts with users.
- Assembles participant screeners, recruiting, protocols, and similar aspects of running research studies.
- Facilitates and collaborates with Product team to synthesize research findings into actionable insights.
- Presents findings (highlighting empathic user understanding) in a consumable and engaging way
- Helps own the company-wide development of an empathetic understanding of RetailMeNot’s users through qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.