Senior UX/Data Visualization Designer at MVP
Headquartered in the heart of Austin, Texas, MVPindex is the emerging standard global brands use to value their sports and entertainment sponsorships and understand who engages with, or purchases, their products. Nearly 100 Brands, media, and sports organizations around the world use MVPindex as the standard for benchmarking sponsorship performance, understanding audiences, and deciding where and how to campaigns.
MVPindex, Inc. is the first social media index for sports and entertainment. We have created a deep data company that ranks, measures, and values content from sports, celebrities, and brands in near real-time. We’re building the next version of our data and analytics platform with more powerful data visualization, machine learning, and intelligent filtering for our clients who include top professional sports franchises, global media, and Fortune 500 brands.
The Senior Interaction / Data Visualization Designer role is based in downtown Austin, TX and is a full-time position focused on creating bleeding edge interactive reporting that conveys data in friendly, delightful ways. Think of it like the stories/reports you see here…
...but about sports marketing and sponsorship valuation.
This role requires close collaboration with our team of data scientists and analysts to turn the insights they find into consumable, easy to understand reports that tell a story. Your work will set the bar for our reporting UI.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- You’ve gotta have a passion for storytelling via data visualization. It’s not enough to make dashboards and pretty charts. Your work has to be highly consumable and convey complex data, simply.
- Have an eye for motion design and the ability to prototype interactions.
- Navigate ambiguity and define clarity for yourself and your team. Bleeding edge means uncharted territory.
- Prioritize and manage work with ease in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment.
- Have ideas and opinions on how we can work better as a team.
- Stay humble and learn from those around you.
What Skills & Experience We'd Like You To Have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Portfolio showing effective and stylish data visualization
- Understanding of data visualization frameworks
- Experience with Flourish, Tableau, or Power BI a big plus
- Experience collaborating with data scientists and analysts is a big plus
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues
- The opportunity to create compelling work that shows great in your portfolio
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Competitive compensation
- An incredible office location in downtown Austin, parking included