Sr. UX Product Designer
Realized Holdings provides wealth-management solutions for real estate investors. We focus upon helping our clients defer taxes when selling investment properties and utilize unique investment strategies and tax optimized real-estate solutions to help meet our client’s financial and lifestyle goals through real estate investing. In a sense, we are financial consultants for an investor’s real estate portfolio. We have been in business since 2015 with plans for growth through industry leading service and technology.
Our office is located in downtown Austin and offers a friendly, collaborative work environment that is fiercely engaged with delivering outstanding customer service and value to our clients and partners. We offer a variety of benefits including free healthcare for employees.
The Sr. UX Product Designer will work with internal Product Management, Technology, and business stakeholders to craft an intuitive and engaging user experience for our real estate investment platform and contribute to the user experience for our public-facing website as needed. This role will interact with third-party design agencies and software development firms as needed per project.
The primary responsibilities of this position will focus on interaction and information architecture design in order to establish and maintain user interface best-practices. While this role focuses less on visual design; the candidate should be comfortable working with visual designer, brand, and visual style guides.
- Help define the user interface for existing and new products and features.
- Translate product ideas and whiteboard sketches into low fidelity UI concept wireframes.
- Create high fidelity UI wireframes with interaction annotations.
- Stay up to date on internal business operations and consult with internal users of the application in order to understand the desired client experience and user scenarios and task flows that the application must support.
- Create user task flow diagrams.
- Create Information Architecture diagrams.
- Conduct primary and secondary user and competitive product research.
- Conduct various levels of usability tests and gather and incorporate feedback.
- Bring a strong sense of design process to a small, but growing firm, by involving user research, low fidelity to high fidelity design, presentation to stakeholders and incorporating feedback.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years experience as a UI / UX Designer, or Product Designer.
- 1-2 years experience shipping product experiences.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology working with Product Manager/Owner, Scrum Master, software developers, QA testers and participating in testing/reviewing demos to provide UI feedback.
- Experience with both UX research and interaction design.
- Experience designing web applications for large enterprises (ie. data rich interfaces for complex user flows).
- Experience creating wireframes in one of the widely used user design tools (e.g., Adobe XD, Invision, Sketch, Figma).
- Experience documenting and maintaining user scenarios and user flow diagrams.
- Experience designing mobile responsive web applications for smartphones.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Experience working on fintech (banking) or wealthtech (investing) web application or mobile app.
- Experienced designing for mobile apps or mobile web responsive applications.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes.
- Experience creating pixel-perfect mockups applying visual design.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to collaborate and work with others including software developers and product managers.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate highly detailed design principles and direction, as well as design specifications to engineers.
- Strong attention to details while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Solve a variety of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and confidence.