Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS' mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Sysco LABS is growing fast, and we're searching for a creative and passionate UX Researcher to join our team in Austin. Are you excited to innovate on a remarkable user experience and products that are already changing foodservice? If so, Sysco LABS is an excellent place for you to work, to experiment, and to learn.
About the Role
You will develop and implement the user experience research component of re-imagining the digital customer experience for Sysco's +400,000 customers. This experience will also touch the millions of end consumers at restaurants as well as tens of thousands of Sysco employees. While driving your research findings into new features and products you will also be responsible for benchmarking against the competition and setting research standards.
The successful candidate will display a breadth of knowledge of researchmethods, attention to detail, flexibility to respond quickly to changing businessneeds, priorities, and timelines, and a demonstrated track record of completingquality research projects on time. Experience working in the hospitality or foodservice industry is a plus.
- In partnership with Product Management, Engineering and User-Centered Design teams, establish research goals and develop innovative strategies to answer research questions.
- Design research protocols, create materials and prepare plans. Define and build UX metrics.
- Plan user research activities and timelines and manage to them.
- Define and communicate success criteria for projects, ensuring shared vision of the project's goals and objectives.
- Regularly communicate status of projects and other key information to business stakeholders.
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis to prepare results and share with key stakeholders.
- Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
- Document and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders, technologists and company leadership.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Maintain a presence in the broader UX community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social science or related field.
- 6 years' of experience in user research, user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, human factors, and other related disciplines within a consultative or corporate environment.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Masters or PhD is in Human Factors or HCI.
- Experience in quantitative methodologies for evaluating data.
- Coursework and/or experience in ethnography and cognitive science methods.
- Experience in hospitality or the food service business.
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6thSt, (walking distance to theMetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.