Sr. UX/UI Designer
Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
We are looking for a talented, down-to-earth UX/UI Designer experienced in both web and mobile. This is a startup: You’ll enjoy donning many hats and work closely with our engineering and product leadership. You thrive on informed iteration in order to design experiences that work at scale. You have an impeccable design sense, and a keen eye for detail and craft. Collaboration is in your DNA, but you aren’t afraid to prioritize, make decisions and communicate. You’ll come in and make an immediate impact to our small (but mighty) design team, and play a large role in representing our brand visually as a whole.
What You'll Do...
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Experience on user experience needs throughout different phases of our product
- Translate concepts into user journeys, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and delightful user experiences for web and mobile
- Support your design work using all available insights including quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Provide innovative, customer centric, information and interaction design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
- Always advocate for the users' needs, and be able to tell our brand story through creative execution
What you need....
- Education: Preferred Bachelor’s Degree, preference to Master’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Engineering, Computer Science, Design or equivalent education/experience
- Experience: Three or more years of UI/UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing eCommerce solutions for web and mobile
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet product needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UI/UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Passion for all things UI/UX and other areas of design and innovation to resolve user pain points. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Previous Mobile and eCommerce design experience preferred
Who you are....
- A Designer. You have an impeccable design sense, and a keen eye for detail and craft.
- An Anthropologist at Heart. You love to research and hypothesize elegant solutions.
- Passionate. Designing global products that are intuitive and bring joy and value to consumers’ lives floats your boat.
- Empathetic. You understand your customer’s needs, then skillfully translate them into specific interaction and UI designs.
- Adaptable. You thrive on informed iteration in order to design experiences that work, and at scale.
- A Creator. Building elegant solutions for a beautiful customer experience is in your genes.
- Tool Agnostic. Sure you have preferences in order to be efficient, but you care more about what you're making than what you're using to make it.
- A Collaborator. It’s in your DNA, but you aren’t afraid to prioritize, make decisions and communicate with authority.
- A Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions.
- Humble. Very humble. Ego? Not your amigo.
- Bookish. You live for the infinite ways in which books are a mirror for our humanity.
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description