User Experience Copywriter at HotSchedules, Now Powered by Fourth
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:43 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 23, 2020
The New Tech for Restaurant and Hospitality
HotSchedules Now Powered by Fourth is the first global cloud-based intelligent back office platform in the restaurant and hospitality. We’re no ordinary software company! We pride ourselves on the culture we have created and work hard to ensure this is never compromised. This is a place where our people want to work; where they enjoy and develop in their roles; where our people pull together to work as a team and ultimately be a company we are all proud to be a part of.
By developing innovative products, building relationships with our customers and enabling great careers; we are focused on building lifetime loyalty with our customers and each other. The vast majority of us have worked within the industry; we believe we need to be passionate about and have experienced the industry in order to help our customers grow their businesses successfully.
When recruiting, we look for those who want to join our journey; those who want to be a part of our personality and culture; those who are professional; have energy, enthusiasm, and ambition, are entrepreneurial and those who can show they can live by our company values each day. Working at Fourth + HotSchedules provides an opportunity to build a successful career where our people develop and grow in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Want to improve the lives of a couple of million people?
We’re looking for a passionate Copywriter to help us craft tools used by millions of people around the world. You’ll focus on the needs of a diverse set of humans to help them prepare for the expected and handle the unexpected throughout the course of their day. You’ll be an important member of an international team who actively supports one another and love to solve problems.
Sound exciting? Great, read on!
What You’ll Be Doing
Partner: you’ll work with designers, product managers, developers, and others throughout Fourth & HotSchedules, to think through every aspect of our products, crafting solutions for the people that keep your favorite hospitality businesses humming.
Craft: you’ll define and own our copywriting strategy and practices, ensuring that they reinforce our connection with the people who rely on our products. Your copy will be informed by our brand voice and tone, subject matter expertise, and UX best practices, but you’ll break conventions when appropriate. The space we work in is deep, so you’ll learn and design for a wide array of customer needs, contexts and challenges.
Unify: you’ll be instrumental as we pull together a disparate set of existing applications as well as new functionality into a cohesive product suite that delivers an excellent end-user experience.
Grow: we’ll partner to help you move down your chosen career path. The Branching Career Path lays out how we view growth opportunities for people on our team if you’re curious.
What We’re Looking For
Partnering with a product manager, designers, and others throughout the company, you’ll think through every aspect of the product. You’ll craft an ideal solution that puts our users first. When a feature is too complicated to explain well, you’ll push the team to find a simpler solution. We’ll rely on you to develop, maintain and evangelize a writing style guide - voice, tone, terminology, punctuation, capitalization… you name it. You’ll take that guide to craft great copy that minimizes ambiguity and guides our customers to the right solution. From labels to emails you’ll own the full breadth of user interface content.
We expect you to challenge yourself and the team with questions like “Could this be clearer or shorter?” and to continually iterate and improve your own writing.
- You have at least a couple of years of copywriting experience focused on web and mobile software.
- You have a portfolio of writing samples to share that include examples of in-app UX copywriting across a variety of interfaces.
- You care about the details because you know that they make or break the experience.
- You are a collaborator at heart and love to teach others on your team about the finer parts of word choice and clear communication.
- You’re comfortable striking a balance between professional and friendly in your writing and can craft a voice that has personality.
- You’re excited to define a cohesive set of writing practices and requirements for a complex set of products.
- You are collaborative and communicative by nature and excited to work with people around the world.
- You know how to deliver and receive constructive criticism, and while you have opinions, you leave your ego at the door.
- You’re curious. You continually iterate and improve your designs, skills, and processes, and you like to help the rest of your team level up.
Bonus Points for Hospitality Experience
- You have experience introducing the concept of a product-focused writer into an organization, so you can help the company adapt to the change.
- You’ve worked in restaurants or bars (double bonus points if you’ve written copy for apps that focus on people who work at restaurants or bars)
- Experience with the localization process and how to write for a global audience.
In July 2019 Fourth joined forces with HotSchedules to become the global leader in end-to-end restaurant and hospitality management technology solutions. Together, the merged company now represents the world’s largest and only provider of end-to-end restaurant and hospitality management solutions for customers across the globe and of all sizes—from a single location or franchisee restaurant to a global restaurant or hotel chain. The combined company’s complete software-as-service (SaaS) solution suite including: scheduling, time & attendance, applicant tracking, training, inventory management / procurement, HR / benefits and payroll services now serves customers in 120,000 locations worldwide and is supported by a dedicated, unified team across offices in the US, UK, Bulgaria, China, Australia and UAE."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description