User Experience Designer II
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
User Experience Designer, Blackbaud’s K12 Group
Are you an innovative and collaborative designer who has a passion for creating rich user experiences? Are you seeking an opportunity to create software that helps make the world a better place? Blackbaud is seeking a highly talented, experienced User Experience Designer with a unique blend of communication, analytical, and technical skills to join our team in creating world class solutions that help non-profits world-wide fulfill their missions more effectively.
About the role
As a User Experience Designer you will be responsible for creating solutions that delight users and allow them to spend more time focusing on their school’s mission. We are looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems. Blackbaud is seeking a highly talented, experienced UX Designer with a unique blend of communication, analytical, and technical skills to join our team in creating world-class solutions that help our schools fulfill their missions more effectively.
As a UX Designer, you must be experienced with all types of user centered design techniques. This is an opportunity to be innovative, creative, and help drive a superior user experience.
What you will be doing
You will get to work closely with a team of user experience professionals to define, grow, and maintain the design system for Blackbaud. You will create and test prototypes in order to validate the value and user experience of the solution or features. You'll have the chance to build lasting relationships with multiple product teams and contribute to an open, creative, dynamic, and productive atmosphere. This person will contribute effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, and design prototypes.
- 3+ years experience as an UX designer creating delightful solutions
- Detail-oriented problem solving skills is a must
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong technical/analytical skills – ability to break down complex problems
- Aptitude for understanding human behavior and interactions with digital devices and media
- Experience designing software/web applications.
- Experience with user research techniques
- Strong written, verbal and diagrammatic communication skills.
- Proficiency with prototyping and design tools (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure).
- Professional portfolio samples or URLs should be included with resume submission.
Our ideal candidate is a smart, creative, results-oriented designer who can effectively communicate and collaborate with others.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
- Check us out for yourself on The Muse!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.