User Experience Designer at Red Ventures
As a User Experience Designer at CreditCards.com, you'll use your strong visual and technical design skills to empower consumers to make smarter financial decisions. CreditCards.com, part of Bankrate Credit Cards, is looking for someone who will help us build new data-driven products and user experiences to help people save money.
User Experience Designers collaborate with small, agile, multidisciplinary teams to create compelling, intuitive, and innovative user-centered experiences across Bankrate Credit Card's web and mobile products.
You'll be involved in every step of the process for designing Bankrate Credit Card products - researching the best possible solutions, creating user flows and wireframes, designing mockups and pixel-perfect screens, and prototyping experiences.
About the Role
- Own design projects (think credit card recommendation platforms, new mobile apps, admin tools, and other high-impact projects)
- Work directly with our product managers and engineers, delivering them product specs and assets
- Work directly with other designers to envision and iterate on concepts
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team
- Compile research, create user flows, wireframe solutions, and design pixel-perfect screens
- Maintain UX specifications and standards across suite of web and mobile products
- Minimum of 2 years of UX web and mobile design experience producing engaging, usable, and effective design solutions using user-centric principles
- A link to your online portfolio or PDF, demonstrating the use of UX design to solve complex design challenges
- Experience designing responsive web and/or mobile apps
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for interaction and visual details
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability toward the products you create
- Strong start-up or small company background
- Proficiency with wireframe and visual design tools (e.g. Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to clearly articulate your design decisions
- A fun and committed team dedicated to saving people money
- An opportunity for continuous learning and development
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and all that usual tech stuff
CreditCards.com is part of Bankrate Credit Cards. Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users' spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions. We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more. We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
Bankrate Credit Cards is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) with locations in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
This position is located in Austin, TX.