User Experience Researcher at Saatva
Saatva is looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing design team.
This is a critical role that will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of Saatva’s world-class customer experience. Working with cross-functional teams that include product designers, product managers, and development engineers, you'll strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions through primary, secondary, evaluative and competitive research, as well as recognizing and anticipating industry trends to help prioritize and guide strategy and design decisions. This role is fully remote and does not require travel.
Who We Are
Saatva is the Direct-to-consumer luxury mattress and home furnishings brand that aspires to help every consumer get a great night’s sleep. At Saatva, we do more than sell mattresses to consumers. We are a brand that believes in consciousness and goodness — from what we put in our products, to how we treat our customers and each other. We believe our greatest potential is reached when we empower each other, and we believe in having a good time in the process. This commitment extends to a diverse and friendly environment that nurtures personal as well as professional growth.
- Be the voice and advocate of our users to represent their best interests.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research
- Perform market and ethnographic research and present findings on who are the users and what their needs, pain points, and wants are.
- Employ a variety of test methodologies (qualitative and quantitative)) such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Benchmarking, Surveys, Page View Analysis, etc
- Conduct research across multiple platforms, and cross-channel: desktop, tablet, mobile web, and mobile
- Create well-written deliverables that provide succinct, and actionable insights
- Take ownership of creating, maintaining, and presenting UX research findings on a regular cadence (yearly, quarterly, monthly)
- Own the Research roadmap
- Work with product management, product design, and development leadership to prioritize research needs, drive research strategy and define the research roadmap
- Analyze and determine the appropriate research methodology and develop research/test plans to achieve stakeholder(s) goals
- Work closely with analytics and product managers to Identify areas of need, plan and execute A/B & multi variant testing roadmap, and develop a cadence of performance data review
- Help define metrics to evaluate designs and user experience of our products
- Increase ux research visibility by maintaining a single repository that allows various stakeholders to view the research that has been completed.
- Work closely with UX and Product designers to identify, and prioritize user stories.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as an applied UX Researcher in a product-focused setting. E-commerce experience a major plus
- Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent with demonstrable work experience)
- Portfolio, work samples or case studies showcasing depth of thought on your UX research, solutions, and process
- Desire to work within a team, providing and receiving constructive feedback to achieve success, and growing as a team
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote user insights tools (we currently use Validately, Hotjar, and Heap)
- Advanced proficiency in evaluating user interactions and identifying opportunities to improve the digital user experience
- Proficiency in analyzing quantitative data, and synthesizing it with qualitative feedback is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs, and are committed to the hiring, retention and success of diverse candidates. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender or transsexual individual, and gender identity or expression), sexual and reproductive health decisions, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, military status (including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services), genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, caregiver status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all aspects of the employment hiring process, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, and benefits.