COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
Volusion powers thousands of ecommerce sites - from fledgling entrepreneurs like local artists selling handmade goods to mid market businesses processing millions of dollars in online sales every year. If you're a creative professional that has a passion for driving change and you want to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a UX Designer to lead our efforts in designing and implementing rich user interfaces and APIs for our worldwide customer base. The ideal candidate has extensive design experience and is familiar with human behavior and interactions on the Web, as well as how to optimize websites and web applications for those interactions. You will be the primary voice for consistent design across a growing suite of applications and integrations and building out a user-centered experience for both ecommerce stores and administrative interfaces.
- Create sketches, rough wireframes, prototypes–both static and clickable–and low- and high-resolution comps for product and engineering teams.
- Rapidly iterate and collaborate based upon user requirements and industry best practices.
- Develop a consistent look-and-feel across all Volusion products, applications, and assets.
- Build a set of styles and accompanying documentation that can be applied by other designers and engineers to ongoing projects.
- Champion users, especially focusing on clean, usable design patterns that are modern and reflect industry direction and standards.
- Develop an approach and methodology to testing designs and incorporating user feedback, including A/B testing and user research.
- Offer informed opinions and experience in the choice of color, texture, page flow, site design, and application design.
What about all those standard job description bullets? We’ve got those too:
- 4+ years experience in design, ideally in the software or web application space.
- 3+ years experience in user experience, especially dealing in human interaction, HCI, eye tracking, and related user experience.
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Proficiency in design software (Figma, Sketch, Miro, InVision, Zeplin or similar).
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other designers, managers and customer support team
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Remote Work Flexibility
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Professional Development Opportunities for Career and Skills Advancement
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast Taco Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Bevi sparkling water, fruit and snacks
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable Desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings