You are a leader in the UX community with strong communication skills who can work collaboratively on passionate teams. You take pride in mentoring and matching opportunities for team member growth with business opportunity. You will need to attract, retain and develop the highest quality talent. You advocate for and promote the importance of UX within large organizations to develop a shared user centered mindset. You have the skills to deliver both form and function and know that UX is not only an opportunity for designing for ease of use but also that digital products are a foundational brand touchpoint. You know how to build consensus around solutions using both qualitative and quantitative rationale. You have an ability to zoom out to see the big picture and create vision for building roadmaps, then can zoom into the details and deliver tactical sprints. You know when and how to conduct research that will help to inform design solutions but aren’t afraid to take informed guesses when the research isn’t available, and deadlines are tight. You have experience working across a spectrum of touchpoints and enjoy designing solutions across multi-modal customer journeys that move between devices, physical/instore, voice and more. You understand how to implement design strategies within an ecommerce environment that has a diverse range of customers. You stay current with technology trends and have opinions on what is lasting change and what is a fleeting trend. Finally, you understand how budgets and timelines shape solutions and know how to responsibly guide work to maximize the resources available.
Please provide a link to past work and thinking.
- Mentor and lead UX staff to create the best work of their career
- Communicate with leadership to build consensus and understand business objectives while influencing the overall organization’s vision
- Build strategic partnerships with the product, technology and business teams.
- Communicate cross-functionally to define projects, solicit feedback, weigh inputs and priorities, and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve healthy debates.
- Creative direction and the ability to deliver solutions that elevate the brand experience
- Go deep on customer insights, analytics and competitive intelligence to identify unseen opportunities and drive product innovation
- Discernment to know when to employ different research models to lead to a refined solution
- Knowledge of professional internal tools design and how to optimize complex experiences for task efficiency
- Own the Design Language System across all digital products and manage the relationship with tech to implement a component library
- Up-level quality of team’s detailed designs, apply best practices of design systems, typography, motion design, and illustration
- Comfortable with highly ambiguous problem spaces
- Comfortable leading design across eCommerce, app, point of sale, in-store tech, internal tools and web experiences
- 10+ years of experience in digital product design
- Expertise leading and mentoring teams with user centered design thinking
- Experience designing, building and maintaining design language systems
- Deep experience with evaluative and generative research
- Experience scoping, scheduling, and managing UX activities across teams
- Expertise in information architecture, interaction design and prototyping best practices
- Experience designing for e-commerce
- Conversant in complex & emerging technologies
- Understanding of agile design and development practices
- UX-centered systems thinking for complex organizations
- Comfortable facilitating workshops for idea generation, decision making and/or prioritization
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.