Application Support Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Application Support Engineer is responsible providing system and software support for application developed on Amazon cloud environments. The engineer should be self-starter and should be able to collaborate with Product development, testing and other teams to gain and document application knowledge needed to support the applications.
- The engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur in the application software. As a support engineer, you will be responsible for addressing technical customer escalations related to application and resolving them on a day to day basis. The engineer will also work closely with development team to address escalations that may requires an application software changes.
This position will be responsible for technical interaction with Customer IT Departments as part of debugging and resolution during system and application outages. The support engineer will recommend the appropriate technology options to support the software to IT management.
* Handle application software related tickets escalated by Customers, Call center, Product Development teams
* Make recommendations for operational efficiency improvements and new operational capabilities (KPIs, reporting, alerting, etc.)
* Participate in Application / Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment including vetting out test/validation results, etc. with the production development teams
* Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
Operate, Monitor and Support the Platform for SLAs, Operational dashboard and Reports.
* Collaborate with IT Ops team on multiple locations (Chicago and Austin) on, metrics reporting, operational dashboards, release processes, etc.
* Participate in the integration of Operational Dashboards, monitoring, alerting, reporting, etc. with NOC and Call Center infrastructure
* Create Operational run book documentation for standard operating tasks for production and test environments working with development teams
* Hands-on experience supporting in Java-based applications environments
* Complex problem solving skills in debugging Application software
* Working knowledge of SQL Databases & basic network configuration
* Experience debugging and deploying applications in cloud and physical datacenter
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Skilled experience in disaster recovery plan creation and maintenance
* Proficiency in AWS and related open source / cloud technologies, would be a plus
* Proficiency in Chef, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc. Would be a plus
* Certifications in AWS, including AWS sysops certification is a plus
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!