Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add several Applications Engineers to our rapidly growing team. In this position, you will represent Cesium as a technical expert on our products, building relationships with our customers from the marketing stage all the way through in-orbit support. A major part of Cesium’s mission is to deliver space communication systems that work out of the box, and the Applications Engineering Team will play a crucial role in delivering that seamless user experience.
As a Cesium Applications Engineer, you can expect a varied and dynamic day-to-day workflow. Some days will be spent in the lab with Cesium design engineers, learning the ins-and-outs of our hardware and software. Some days will be spent helping shape the Cesium product roadmap by providing feedback on customer needs, goals, and user experience; you will act as the “Voice of the Customer” to provide insight and clarity to developers. Some days will be spent at customers’ labs or on video calls, teaching customers how to use our products. And some days will be spent crafting app notes and diagrams to provide users with a space communication system that truly works out of the box.
This role is heavily focused on technical customer interaction. As such, exceptional technical communication skills are required. Candidates with relevant work samples, such as public app notes or user manuals, will be highly preferred.
After travel restrictions from Covid-19 lift, this role may require up to 20% travel to customer facilities and trade shows.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Guide technical customers through the use and integration of Cesium products.
- Author technical application notes, user manuals, and white papers.
- Transfer customer feedback to our product development teams.
- Build long-term relationships with technical customers.
- Develop processes and procedures to structure product development and application.
- Become a technical expert in Cesium’s products in depth to execute the above. This includes state-of-the-art RF, digital, and power electronics; embedded software; FPGAs; DSP; mechanical integration; and end-to-end wireless communication links.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in a relevant technical degree, such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in technical product development or application support.
- Working knowledge of RF electronics and communication systems.
- Exceptional technical communication skills.
- Experience building relationships with technical customers.
- Experience with the methodical troubleshooting of electronics and software.
- Working software proficiency in C/C++ or Python.
- Work samples of technical communication, such as public app notes or user manuals.
- In-depth experience with RF electronics and communication systems, including link budgets.
- Experience with a broad range of technical areas, such as high-speed digital systems (10+ Gbps), power electronics, FPGAs, DSP, embedded software, and mechanical interfaces (i.e. thermal, dynamics).
- Experience with high-reliability electronics, such as aerospace.
- Experience with small satellites.
- Experience in technical product planning, marketing, or sales.