Associate, Software Development Engineer in Test (Recent College Grad!)
Job Description Summary
Are you passionate about developing high quality software to delight customers? Do you desire to work in a start-up like software development environment using agile methodologies and open source tools and frameworks? Do you want to design and build SaaS solutions using the latest cloud-based micro-services architectures and tools? If so, the software development team at CCCIS Austin has a great opportunity for you. We are a small high performing team working to deliver innovative Usage-Based Insurance (UBI) software.
As an associate software engineer in our test team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of test automation, frameworks, and tools used against the CCCIS suite of software and analytics solutions. The ideal candidate loves working in a team environment with experienced product owners and developers to find creative ways to address customer needs. Candidates who have an insatiable appetite for learning and technical challenges and keep abreast of the latest cloud-based tools and technologies thrive in our team. They bring new ideas to consistently move our methodologies forward and lead by example in efficiently delivering high quality software and code review feedback. Successful candidates will also have strong technical skills, be self-motivated, and demonstrate the willingness to own and drive problems to resolution both inside and outside of their core areas of responsibility.
- Work as an individual developer to develop, enhance, and maintain automated unit, functional, performance, and load tests, framework libraries, and new tools
- Enhance and develop new continuous integration and continuous delivery capabilities
- Contribute creative ideas to evolve our agile-based development and testing methodologies
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure that best coding practices are continuously adopted
- Help identify code coverage gaps and develop automation to fill the gaps
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ year of software development and debugging experience in Java, C++, or other high-level programming language or Master’s degree
- Knowledge of test automation libraries and tools and experience developing test automation and/or new test frameworks
- Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and the full SDLC
- Exemplary written communication skills
Other Beneficial Skills
- Experience with TestNG or Selenium
- Experience with AWS or Azure, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, VMWare
- Experience in creating test strategy documents
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!