Automation Engineer - Backend at Red Ventures
CreditCards, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for an Automation QA Engineer . Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs and platform software components that you are responsible for.
- Assess the current set of automation tools and framework and then make recommendations on our automation strategy.
- Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes.
- Own Continuous integration tools (CircleCi) and integrate test suites into CI.
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork.
What We’re Looking For:
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a backend software SDET or similar role
- Strong experience testing backend distributed services such as RestAPIs and Databases
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Developing test cases into scripts for automation
- Developing and implementing test frameworks
- Investigatory testing of unreleased features including defining requirements, behaviour and impact
- Root cause analysis of existing test script failures
- Hands-on manual investigation and reproduction of functional backend software issues
- Strong experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Familiarity using source code control systems, specifically Git.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with Docker and AWS
- Scripting ability using Python, bash
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Experience with Typescript and Groovy
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
CreditCards.com is the leading online credit card marketplace connecting customers with multiple credit card issuers, including a majority of the 10 largest in the United States based on credit card transaction volume. CreditCards.com enables consumers to search for, compare, and apply for credit cards and offers credit card issuers an online channel to acquire qualified applications.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.