AWS Cloud Operations Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for defining, provisioning and managing the Amazon cloud environments. In this role, you will collaborate with Software development and Operational Engineering teams to deploy and automate build and deployment of the systems. You will also be responsible for automating and streamlining the processes related to build and deployment of the code.
As a support engineer, you will be responsible for managing releases deployments, performing patches, upgrades and maintaining the environment in accordance with established policies and procedures. The engineer will also work closely with development teams during the design of applications to provide input from operational perspective. The engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur in Dev, Test and Production environments.
This position will be responsible for conducting technical studies and evaluations of business area requirements. The engineer will recommend the appropriate cloud technology options to support the software to IT management.
- Managing and automation of environment builds, releases and deployments
- Planning solutions to cloud challenges
- Building CI/CD pipelines, and ensuring security
- Troubleshooting and patching issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and anticipate problems
- Ability to script and code at a production quality level
- Participate in Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment.
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience in CI/CD software deployment automation tools (Hudson / Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience debugging and deploying code on cloud based applications
- Ability to design and maintain deployment processes in large environments
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electronics engineering, mathematics, or STEM field required, Master’s degree a plus
- Certifications in AWS, including AWS DevOps certification is a plus
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!