Back End Software Engineer
- Write maintainable code that is flexible, elegant, and powerful.
- Delight customers with APIs and systems that are a joy to use.
- Build software solutions that can be monitored and analyzed to understand system performance and behavior.
- Increase the objective quality of new and existing software systems.
- Share technical knowledge and promoting technical excellence throughout the department.
- Chip in to projects and tooling that impact all software teams.
- Create elegant solutions (with the help of product managers and frontend engineers) using: Web/API Development, Data Reporting and Analysis, Integration with External Technologies, High level of test automation
- Create reusable components and tools shared by the entire team (or maybe the world!)
- Collaborate with front-end developers to define interactions between server and browser.
- Pursue continuous improvements to code quality and execution
You must have experience with the following technologies:
- 2+ years of web/API development in Node.js (Go expertise is a plus)
- 2+ years of microservices experience
- MySQL (Indices, Views, Stored Procedures)
- Testing Frameworks
- Version Control (Git)
- Public Cloud Know-How (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure*)
- Docker or Kubernetes
We believe in making employees’ lives easier with benefits that enhance their quality of life. To reward your hard work and dedication, Spreetail offers:
- Generous Vacation Time. Hourly team members enjoy 20 days of PTO each year and salaried employees are granted untracked PTO.
- Health Insurance. Spreetail pays your full monthly premium.
- Home Owner Bonus. After 2 years, Spreetail supports your purchase of a home with a $5k bonus.
- Company Trips. Each time we hit our goals, we fly to a new destination.
- 3 Year Island Getaway. You and a guest get a 5-star beach vacation.
- 5 Year Sabbatical. Take 10 days off to reward your time in the office.
- Donation Match. We match you dollar-for-dollar up to $250/year, and up to $1,000/year after 5 years.
- Stock Appreciation Rights. As Spreetail grows, so does your bank account.
- Leadership Development. We invest in making you a stronger team member.