Backend Engineer (Mid/Senior) at Khoros
Khoros in Austin is looking to add more stellar Backend Engineers to our already-awesome engineering team.
We operate multiple SaaS applications in the Social Media space. We work in small startup-like teams and love delivering value to our customers through shipping code. We deploy as often as we can, and would love for you to deploy to production on day one.
We are empowered. Our teams operate with autonomy and an ethos of Do the Right Thing.
We are vocal. Engineers, designers, and product managers are peers on teams to create our products. Our voice is critical in making our software awesome.
We grow. We didn't know all of this ten years ago, and our industry is changing constantly. We want engineers that love learning, and we want experts that aim to set the bar high.
We're hiring backend engineers to help us solve challenging problems using JVM-based, open source technologies.
- A software engineer with industry experience who loves creating and shipping products
- An effective communicator who listens empathetically and articulates ideas well
- Committed to your continued learning and growth as a technologist
- 3+ years building software using Java- or Scala-based technologies
- Worked closely with other engineers, collaborating via git, pull requests and code reviews
- An understanding of good software development practices, patterns and architecture
- Work with a sharp, tight-knit engineering team on impactful projects
- Contribute to software design, architecture, documentation, development and deployment efforts
- Collaborate with design and product teammates to build products that will generate the most value for customers
- Build software using a modern stack and robust deployment tooling, leveraging open-sourced services like Kafka, ElasticSearch, SOLR, Cassandra, MySQL, Postgres, and Kubernetes as well cloud-native services like DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda.