What’s the opportunity?
If you eat, breathe, and sleep all things data: data ingestion, data transformation, modeling and analysis, this just might be the role for you. We are looking for an experienced full-stack Data Engineer to help us build out our data platform on the AWS cloud. You need to be well-versed in both backend and frontend technologies, from databases and ETL processing to BI platforms and report optimization.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small "start up" group within a larger organization. Exactuals colleagues work hard to support one another in the mission to modernize the payment space, primarily for the entertainment industry, while enjoying the journey together. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018.
- Work with the data team and architect to build out our cloud data warehouse / data lake infrastructure from the ground up.
- Develop an automated data ingestion pipeline processing data from multiple sources and formats including RDBMS, JSON, and CSV files.
- Build a resilient and robust ETL process that can handle exceptions and failures with grace.
- Develop automation scripts to scale up or down data warehouse cloud instances.
- Build data models, schemas, and optimized queries to support high-performing reporting.
- Implement testing strategies to ensure data consistency between data sources, reports, and interfaces.
- Develop reports and dashboard using both cloud and desktop-based BI tools
- Document and communicate data processes and architecture with clarity.
- Minimum 10 years experience working within end-to-end data solutions dev.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a data design or architect capacity.
- Minimum 4 years working with cloud pipelines software deployment and DevOps.
- Minimum 3 years experience Master Data Management MDM and Data security.
- Minimum 1 year experience data integration.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information System, Statistics, or Mathematics related field.
- At least 3 years experience working with cloud data technologies (AWS preferred)
- Strong SQL skills a must
- Proficient with programming languages such as Java, Python or Scala
- Skilled in data modeling, architecture, and patterns
- Strong knowledge of various databases, both traditional SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with unstructured and semi-structured data such as JSON and NoSQL.
- Experience working with data warehouse desired
- Proficiency developing reports with at least any 2 BI tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with streaming data and API framework like Swagger a plus
- Extensive programming experience in across multiple languages.
- Expert experience in architectures, SaaS concepts deployments and scale.
- Expert understanding of configuration management and risk management.
- Expert understanding of cloud deployments, automation and maintenance.
- Expert understanding of data frameworks, build, test and deployment.
- Expert understanding of data security testing.
- Excellent understanding of network architecture.
- Expert understanding of at various software and data architectures.
- Able to perform complex designs, lead MDM pipeline development, assist other in troubleshooting, lead and perform advanced testing (e.g. load, performance, scalability).
- Ability to provide expert level troubleshooting in Databases, Cloud, Windows, UNIX environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mentors and develops other software Engineers.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Expert understanding of project management methodologies and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a head of a unit/department.
- Position open to telecommuting candidates
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.