We are honored to be recognized as a multi-award winning organization. We've been ranked as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We've been ranked multiple times in the Inc. 5000 and Inc. 500 for fastest growing companies in the U.S. You'll also find us on the Austin Business Journal's Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times over the last 5 years. We're growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo's data-driven talent attraction platform enables companies to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. Providing access to Jobs2Careers, one of the largest job search platforms in the industry, Talroo takes an efficient, market-based approach to finding talent. Talroo was created to unify the Jobs2Careers brand with a growing suite of employer solutions. Within our exciting company, you’ll find an environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
About the position:
The Data Engineer position is a high-impact role at Talroo. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineering practitioner to help scale and expand high value business initiatives utilizing machine learning. You will be joining a team that understands the real world business opportunity that machine learning enables and how it can transform businesses. At Talroo, we embrace fast, iterate A/B testing to fail fast and learn quickly. The result is real, measurable revenue and profit impact.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive attitude with a strong background in computer science. If you have a proven ability to learn, explore, and quickly turn the latest technologies into value, then you are the perfect candidate.
You will be joining a team of our most experienced engineers and a founding engineer of the company with strong industry experience in search/information retrieval. As a high impact teammate, you will help with everything from data ETLs to model serving to test reporting. This unique opportunity will expose you to deep insights into the business and entrepreneurship.
What we are looking for in a highly qualified candidate:
- Big Data processing using Apache Spark – our Databricks platform is key to our data pipelines that create our insights. It goes without saying that understanding SQL is a must in this environment. Programming in Scala and Python is a plus, but not required.
- Search technologies – Experience with Solr or other search technologies at scale (billions of queries)
- High-performance Java web services – Experience building services with sub-second response times
- Machine learning – gradient boosted trees (XGBoost, MML Spark), deep learning (Tensor Flow, Keras, Big DL) and associated artifacts (models, embeddings).
- Ad Tech – experience with ad serving technologies is a definite plus.
Currently, the team is working to improve many facets of the job recommendation process. This involves gathering data from billions of monthly job queries to create, test, and iterate on machine learning models. When successful, we help job seekers find their perfect job faster and employers receive a higher quality of candidate.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays, vacation and sick time
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Awesome company events
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.