What we do:
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Data in all its glorious forms is the fundamental ingredient in our product. You will help ensure its freshness, accuracy, completeness and relevance as it makes its way into the product as customer-centric data. Do you know the core dimensions of data quality? Did that question cause you to google for the answer? If so, this might be the role for you.
Here's what you'll do:
- Assist with improvement and maintenance of data accuracy
- Investigate new data sources, identify data problems, and fix data quality issues
- Identify initiatives to mature the data and tools
- Support other groups, including sales and customer success, while meeting customer expectations
- Work with engineering and product teams to identify needs and solve complex problems related to data
- Use a combination of analytics, statistical analysis and data mining techniques to help our data comprehensiveness and accuracy
- Build, run and automate data queries, analysis and reports
- Create data visualizations to report on data quality
- Create and improve documentation for data team processes
- Train internal employees on resolving data quality issues
- Identify gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities to improve data processes and quality
- Ability to prioritize work efforts
Here's what we're looking for:
- You have a real passion for researching, collecting, organizing and analyzing data while being creative on potential solutions
- Ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms
- Exquisite attention to detail
- Collaborative and enthusiastic working style
- Experience coordinating the work of others
- You can do root cause analysis to get to the heart of the problem
- You're able to manage multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to write SQL queries, and clearly summarize and present data
- Some familiarity with Python or desire to learn coding
- US citizen or permanent resident
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Regular Expressions, HTML, or CSS
- Experience in a QA role
- Familiarity with website architecture or information architecture
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4