DevOps Backend Engineer
Backend Engineer (DevOps experience)ABOUT US
Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the first real solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform that enables everyone to ship like Amazon. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentally, which is generating a buzz in the investment world, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the world of freight.
The Backend Engineer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as they pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We need someone to own the end to end development of features which includes clarifying requirements, designing solutions, writing code and ensuring that features are well tested. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Write high quality, clean and efficient code
- Provide timely support to both internal and external users of the system
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the engineering team and contribute ideas to our technology and algorithms
- Ensure that design is architecturally sound and follows engineering best practices with regards to scalability, maintainability, and reuse
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Production experience in Software Development
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience in a containerized environment
- Knowledge of DevOps and AWS stack
- Experience setting up system monitoring
- Ability to set up API gateways
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g MongoDB)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience coding python
- Experience developing cloud-based services a plus
- Hands-on experience with agile development methodologies a plus
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.