DevOps Cloud Operations Engineer
The Platform Ops Engineer is a critical role that will have a significant impact on the direction of our product, technology and business. We are looking for someone interested in scalability challenges within a motivated, fast growing team. The candidate will work on different DBMS engines comprising our data processing platform.
- Responding to, investigating and fixing service issues, whether they are deep in the OS kernel or in the application code.
- Experimenting with emerging database technologies
- Conducting performance research and benchmarking of available technologies with goals of achieving unlimited scalability
- Reviewing different aspects of current solution with goal of increasing throughput and responsiveness
- Monitoring health of production database clusters
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science. Work experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Strong experience with AWS.
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux administration
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with DC/OS or similar data center orchestration
- Experience with DevOps pipelines and automation for rapid release cycles
- Experience with operations in 24x7 Production environment
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Ganglia, Munin, Graphite, NewRelic, etc
- Experience with (‘Unix shell’ and (Ruby or Python))
- Passion for correctness and efficiency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- An understanding of data structures
- An understanding of distributed and cloud computing
- An understanding of analytics
- Ability to reason about performance tradeoffs
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently