DevOps Engineer at RapidDeploy
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that is saving lives? RapidDeploy is hiring a DevOps Engineer, based in our Austin, TX office. At RapidDeploy our mission is to reduce response times for all and improve first responder safety by increasing situational awareness.
Our cloud-based emergency 9-1-1 dispatch platform and analytics software is the future of emergency response. In the last 12 months, we’ve signed major customers and have increased our recurring revenue more than twentyfold. In this new stage of growth, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated team members who will play a critical part in building the foundation of our team.
We are looking for experienced DevOps engineers to join our Enablement team with experience building and scaling cutting edge DevOps solutions that will aid us in developing scalable solutions that are highly available, secure & easy to deploy.
What You’ll Be Doing At RapidDeploy:
- Implementation, improvement & maintenance of the perfect CI/CD pipeline for our cloud services allowing developers to push their changes to code with high confidence
- Infrastructure management
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate container clusters
- Assist with Application deployments to various Azure locations.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Write process & technical documentation
- Work with your Engineering Manager, Principal Engineer, Senior Engineers & CTO to understand priorities and roadmap
- Share your knowledge and ensure the security, operability, quality, and scalability of your work
- Form part of an after-hours on call rotation to address critical downtime after hours
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on DevOps experience
- Working experience with Cloud Infrastructure (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) – we use Azure
- Minimum one-year development experience with Kubernetes in a large scale a Production Environment
- Experience with developing continuous/rapid release engineering (CI/CD)
- Experience implementing secure and highly available distributed systems/microservices
- Experience implementing automated deployment tools and techniques
- Experience with containers, microservice architectures and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Experience in supporting, maintaining and monitoring of DevOps related environments
- Experience in managing Linux & Windows Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge in relational, non-relational, and time-series data stores (MS-SQL/PostgreSQL/MySQL) implementation and Administration
- Experience with infrastructure as code & utilising Terraform an advantage
- Ability & desire to research new tools, technologies and best practices
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.