DevOps - Sr. Software Engineer at Favor (Austin, TX or Remote)
| Austin | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Favor’s engineering team is growing, and we are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to drive our cloud, configuration management, build, deploy and monitoring platforms. Favor’s engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen in real time — we are responsible for the complex systems that make a Favor happen. This entails the logistics of finding the perfect Runner, the communication between our customers and our runners, keeping thousands of mobile applications in sync, payments, and so much more.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer your job is to deliver technology solutions— along with a squad of other motivated engineers, to ensure world-class performance, efficiency, monitoring, and emergency response policies. Your goal ultimately is to engineer operationally efficient & performant solutions, increase system observability, minimize human interactions with production systems, accelerate customer value delivery, and promote those best practices to others.
You will work closely with engineering, quality, data, and product teams to help define how we build, test and ship our products. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises. Most importantly we need a leader that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver scalable solutions to enable Favor to achieve our mission of 'Anything Delivered'!
- Create infrastructure-as-code that is scalable, performant, reliable, and secure
- Implement and manage a containerized microservices infrastructure, delivering CI / CD for new applications on AWS while maintaining monitoring & alerting systems of Favor’s production services
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to industry standards
- Monitor performance of production systems; give recommendations for improving performance and assist in implementation
- Improve the software development pipeline from local development to production
- Implement, maintain, and test a disaster recovery plan
- Engage and nurture development teams to be capable of maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Share an on-call rotation and respond to service incidents
Skills & Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies
- 4+ years experience working with microservices and Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) in AWS or GCP
- Demonstrated ability in logging, metrics, monitoring & alerting, preferably with infrastructure-as-code
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Multiple years experience maintaining Kubernetes clusters in production (EKS, GKE, or self-managed k8s)
- Experience with automation/configuration management (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- An organized thought process and the ability to act decisively under stressful conditions
- An understanding of system optimization issues
- Work well with others to tackle problems
- A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description