Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a DSP Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge signal processing for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you are responsible for design, analysis, implementation, and testing of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) systems for power- and complexity-constrained communication systems targeting space applications. The ideal candidate is proficient in both DSP concepts (such as fractional sampling-rate conversion, digital PLL and PID design/tuning, poly-phase filtering, etc.) and FPGA-based digital design aspects (such as timing constraints/closure, clocking concept design, size optimization, etc.) and has a background in digital communication system design.
Core day-to-day responsibilities include designing, simulating, and testing communications algorithms in Matlab and Simulink to satisfy system-level requirements and performance targets, then implementing and testing these designs in Cesium FPGA-based hardware. Depending on candidate experience, additional responsibilities may include system-level analysis (e.g. link budgets), optimization of the FPGA implementation, and conceptual design of new products and systems.
The successful candidate will present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry or university research experience in design, analysis, and implementation of DSP systems for communications. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency with Matlab and Simulink for design and simulation of signal processing algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Strong mathematical/analytical background.
- Algorithm design and development (complexity/memory analysis) and coding/scripting (C, Python, MATLAB).
- Understanding of RF and mixed-signal hardware (e.g. amplifiers, filters, ADCs/DACs) and its effects on algorithm design.
- Experience with nonlinear signal processing (e.g. digital pre-distortion for power amplifiers).
- Proficiency in FPGA design and verification (Verilog/VHDL, HDL coder, Vivado, Modelsim).
- Experience implementing and optimizing communications algorithms (modulation/demodulation, filtering, etc.) in HDL for deployment on FPGA systems.