Director, Corporate Engineering, Talent, Google Cloud at Google
- 15 years of experience in engineering management.
- Experience leading teams and working cross-functionally.
- Experience with HR systems.
- Passion for career development and an interest in shaping how Google approaches talent management.
About the job
As the Director, Corporate Engineering, Talent, you will design, build, and run the product suite responsible for growing and rewarding Google's most precious resource: our people. You will work in close partnership with People Operations, PM, and UX while we embark on a multi-year initiative to revamp the way talent management is done; guiding Googlers in their learning, growth, and impact; increasing consistency and equity of people-related decision making; and supporting Google’s business needs as we grow and evolve as a company.
In this role, you will lead/manage the associated engineering teams and oversee the development and operation of these products. You will also lead the organization to further improve and streamline the ecosystem.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Manage a Talent Management Engineering team of 4 managers and 40+ Googlers working with Corporate Engineering and People Operations.
- Act as the Google-facing ambassador for Google's career tools and improve product and engineering excellence of the portfolio.
- Lead the delivery and operations of business products core to Googlers' career development (e.g., performance, compensation cycles).
- Design and execute on a plan to increase cross-product integrations (e.g., performance and learning platforms), working cross-functionally with UX, Product Management, People Operations, etc.
- Partner to define a multi-year roadmap for the long-term transformation of the Talent Ecosystem.