What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Director of Engineering, Growth to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Director of Engineering, Growth, you’ll lead teams of engineers who work horizontally across the Procore Platform, creating seamless and intuitive experiences for users, with an emphasis on prospective customers and existing collaborators. Your teams are responsible for everyone’s first experience with Procore—from the moment they access our marketing site or platform as a collaborator, to their first experience with new tools as a customer. This is a multi-faceted role which involves diverse technical challenges as well as cross-functional work tying together teams in Sales, Marketing, IT, to deliver leads and new customers a compelling experience.
This position will report to a VP of Engineering and has the opportunity to be located in any of our U.S. offices or be primarily remote. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the VP of Product, Growth as well as Sales, Marketing, and IT to develop strategy and plans to create and convert pipeline via compelling, consumer-grade experiences
- Work closely with Marketing and other cross-functional stakeholders to craft a more tightly integrated logged-in vs. logged-out experience
- Optimize technology and process to ensure scalability of business processes such as free trials and account provisioning
- Build new experiences to test hypotheses to drive growth
- Lead multiple teams, oversee managers, and create a robust and functional group within the Engineering organization
- Oversee architectural and engineering decisions to create a high performing, delightful, robust set of customer experiences
- Deliver and maintain systems responsible for critical businesses processes and account actions depended upon by Procore’s users across the construction industry to do their jobs every day
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 6+ years of experience managing or leading software engineering teams and and their leaders
- Strong familiarity with common practices of modern software development in a moderate scale SaaS environment
- Familiarity with growth-engineering and Martech tools and techniques such as A/B testing, measuring and optimizing user engagement, and other methods to optimize outcomes
- Track record of creating consumer-grade experiences that are performant and achieve significant scale
- Track record of managing a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders both within and beyond R&D
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Experience building a high performing Engineering organization and developing talent through mentorship, coaching, and training
- Experience partnering with recruiting on hiring, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience reporting to multiple executive-level stakeholders
- Strong ability to influence Engineering and business partners on software architecture and project roadmaps in order to drive positive change
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment, and development programs, and volunteer days.