We’re looking for a Director of Engineering Operations to help build a foundation for operational excellence within Procore’s Engineering department. In this role, you’ll lead the creation of processes, best practices, and organizational frameworks that scale with our growing Engineering organization.
As Director of Engineering Operations, you’ll partner with the SVP of Engineering and her direct leadership team to establish and lead operating processes. Use your analytical mindset, exceptional project management skills, and ability to work seamlessly with employees at all levels to create organization and clarity for our Engineering team. If you’re excited to take on this first-of-its-kinda role at Procore and drive immediate impact and results, we’d love to hear from you!
This position reports to the SVP of Engineering and can be based in our Carpinteria, New York, or Austin offices or remotely within the United States. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Optimize Engineering processes to ensure engineering best practices and business processes are consistent, well-aligned across the organization, and result in desired outcomes to support goals
- Develop streamlined processes and mechanisms to improve operational efficiency and communication
- Develop business cases to support new and improved processes for Engineering, creating actionable insights and tasks
- Lead and complete existing and new concurrent projects, guiding other members of the org on their projects
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Learning and Development, HR, and IT to align on priorities
- Identify areas of work where we can pause, remove roadblocks, or re-prioritize resources
- Develop, review, maintain and optimize existing processes
- Build scalable reporting and analytics solutions
- Execute, measure progress, and share results of the critical work done within engineering
What we’re looking for:
- Prior experience running an Engineering operations org at scale
- 5+ years of previous experience in people management
- Deep understanding of engineering processes and best practices
- Prior experience in an Engineering role is preferred
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to foster a sense of community with cross-functional stakeholders
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to move seamlessly between conversing with engineers, operations teams, and Senior Executives
- Problem solver and strategic thinker who is comfortable using frameworks and data to help structure the team's thinking and solve multi-faceted problems
- Experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with VP & C-Suite level on a regular basis
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.