Rex is creating new tech leadership to serve people. Big tech leadership has lost its social license to lead. They’re focused on extracting value, rather than creating it; muzzling dissent rather than freeing our voices; oppressing rebels rather than being the rebel. We are changing this. At Rex, technology will once again serve people. Review our culture page to understand what we are building.
At the intersection of real estate and technology, Rex is a startup incubator continuing to launch companies within our ecosystem which are focused on PropertyTech, FinTech, and InsuranceTech. Our initiatives page provides more details on current companies.
Job Role Overview
We are hiring a Director of Engineering that understands the strategy and implementation of the 0-1 build out, but also understands how companies prepare for scale. You have high ownership in solving complex problems, strategically think through how to evolve, train, and grow your engineering team, and inspire team members through your strong work ethic. You’re passionate about building new technologies that can serve people and can effectively lead and manage the teams that create them. You have an extreme bias to action and have never been accused of being overly analytical. You’re smart enough to identify and forthright enough to cut through any BS, both upwards and laterally.
What you’ll do:
- Hire and mentor A+ engineering talent, both local and outsourced
- Oversee and provide technical guidance to engineering teams and senior management of Rex launches
- Lead the engineering team in setting goals, managing timelines, and building high-quality, well-architected code
- Maintain the extremely fast-paced demands of a startup while ensuring we build quickly, yet always in a way that doesn’t preclude scaling
- Be a tenacious thought partner to the founder in ensuring the platform is built well to meet both short term goals and long term durability and growth
- Spearhead project management and drive engineering teams in running sprints, reviewing code, etc.
- Communicate effectively and clearly to multiple stakeholders: engineers, operations, and executive teams
- Influence the teams to greatness and achieve the impossible
What you offer:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Engineering Leadership experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Manage and lead teams of 20+ engineers
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the code for reviews, run sprints, train, and mentor engineers
- Strong track record of building and driving world-class engineering teams
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.