Director Hardware Engineering - United States
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
In this role, the individual will own all of Forcepoint’s production aspects of its physical products: NPI – DFX – Steady State – Outsourcing & Vendor MGMT—Technical Documentation & BoM Structures – TQM
She/he will work collaboratively with Design Teams, Product Management, Finance and Legal to gather information, to socialize ideas and to implement strategy decisions. Create and implement the governance model across the entire hardware business. Hire, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in manufacturing operations hardware engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors.
• Project ownership to NPI process. Ensure timelines, costs and quality targets are met or exceeded
• * Emphasis - Establish governance, resources and directs activities related to DFx solutions.
o Provides DFx leadership for Focepoint worldwide.
o Evaluating new and existing designs and processes for effective cost.
o Close collaboration with design teams to implement DFx requirements to deliver DFx solutions to meet test, cost, test time, yield and quality objectives.
• Conduct RFI (request for information) RFP (request for proposal) and RFQ (request for quote) techniques to identify, select and engage with suppliers to ensure competitive market advantage
• Determine Supplier Strategy and alignment through selection of global and regional hardware providers, developing a strategic supplier base of key vendors.
• Optimize hardware supplier and partner performance, negotiating and maintaining SOW and running regular performance reviews
• Regularly review, report and act on the quality processes in place at all Contract Integrator and ODM plants.
• Manage the technical process for refurbishing and reusing the returned appliances in existing evaluation processes.
• Lead ERP implementation of respective modules applicable to Hardware Engineering
• Budgets and controls cost related to DFx, Manufacturing Operations and Quality Management teams.
• Manages tactical document control Omnify / engineering change order process and bill of material structuring for manufacturing control of design specifications, bills of materials and build documentation.
• Introduce TQM program to Forcepoint. Focus on key internal and external factors
Education and Experience
• BS in Engineering. Master’s degree preferred
• Substantial experience (minimum 15 years) years working in an operations organization producing hardware based products
• 10 years in a management position controlling the manufacturing process for hardware products
• 10 years’ experience with the management of 3rd party contract manufacturing and integration organizations
• Proven record in global sourcing and optimization of organizations that produces hardware products or uses OEM style hardware to produce appliances
• Must understand the basics of computer server operations and the firmware/software components that support operating systems
• Experience leading DFx teams for complex designs.
• Experience with DFx flow from architecture definition all the way to production.
• Possesses knowledge in DFT and ATE designs, flow and industry tools.
• Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with suppliers, internal business customers and senior leadership
• Strong team coordination skills
• Strong background in problem solving in a dynamic, customer oriented company
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a multi-national Engineering and operational environment
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a team player and build good working relationships across all functions
• Proven management skills and the ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team of professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives