Director of Quality at Arrive Logistics
In this role, you will:
- Take ownership - quality is as much an attitude as a process. You will own product quality in all of its forms and become an evangelist for it within the company. You must be ready to sign off on releases when you believe in them, and accept responsibility for software that makes it to production.
- Recruit - find, hire and retain top tier engineers and analysts.
- Educate- use a combination of mentoring, training, shadowing and accessible documentation to make sure your team has the skills they need to succeed.
- Manage QA Operations - keep QA running smoothly via effective internal communications, a solid understanding of QA tooling/infrastructure and a strong, shared understanding of how the team fits into the overall SDLC.
- Prioritize - there are never enough hours in the week to achieve 100% coverage, so you must be able to prioritize ruthlessly but effectively and apply your resources accordingly.
- Collaborate- develop effective techniques for embedding your analysts and engineers into multi-disciplinary teams to enhance their comprehension of the products they work on and their relationships with the engineers that build them.
- Have a Vision - maintain and share an evergreen road map to inspire and educate the team that covers future goals such as better tooling, streamlined processes and enhanced communications.
- Be Transparent - maintain effective outwards communications to all stakeholders via always-available analytics and dashboards.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Automation Experience - CD/CI is the heart of a successful SDLC and test automation powers it; you should have opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of automation frameworks, how to choose which test cases should be automated, when in the SDLC automation should be introduced and techniques for building resilient tests.
- People Management Experience - every employee is unique, with different skills, different needs and different goals. As a great manager of people, your style will reflect this and your team will know that Arrive Logistics is the best place in Austin to do QA.
- Process Oriented - every team and product is a little bit different, so you must work with Development and Product to decide which QA processes are core best practices and where there is some room for autonomy and freedom. You will work with the VP of Engineering to clearly document the core processes and you will teach your team to apply them consistently.
- Experience Selecting Tools - you should have opinions about the tools that your team depends upon.
- Communicative- one of the hardest things to do right in a growing company is to communicate effectively - you’ll have to reinvent and validate your communications strategy regularly.
- Familiar with Scrum - you should be familiar with some form of agile development and be ready to work within its structures.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!