Realtor.com has an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Director, Software Engineering to lead one of our software engineering groups. This group is focused on evolving our business by leveraging technology to connect consumers with agents and guide them through the buying, selling and renting journey. This group oversees and grows our agent and broker network, meeting their needs through tools and insights to drive unique value for them AND our consumers.
The Director role will focus on evolving our agent & broker technology systems, tools and procedures to solve consumer pain points. They will set our technical strategy of this engineering group and partner with our product and design groups to iteratively collaborate and deliver new products and experiences.
- You will help set the vision for our next generation of technology to support our agent & broker products and help us plan goals and milestones that lead our teams to achieve that vision
- You will guide these teams to rapidly deliver improvements to our technology stack that improves productivity for engineers so they can onboard quickly and iteratively develop solutions for their specific teams and projects
- You will manage the day-to-day operations of our agent & broker products, coordinating releases, and responding to incidents.
- You will drive engineering excellence and governance around best practices through training, documentation, process, and tooling.
- You will construct and maintain an environment of integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement
- You will motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
What will you bring?
- Strong leadership skills and experience hiring and motivating high-performing engineering teams
- Strong ability to coach and mentor engineering managers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- 5+ years experience managing engineering teams that shipped web/mobile applications
- Strong software engineering instincts: meaningful and deeply rooted opinions about sound quality/speed trade-offs, code quality, and testing
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams/roles
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on sophisticated, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- A driven and data-informed product development approach
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.