Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add Electrical, Electronics, Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineers to our team. The ideal candidate is experienced in EEE components engineering for aerospace or automotive electronics. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about product development, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be a key member of our product development team, leading the parts and component selection, qualification, failure root-cause analysis, standardization, vendor evaluations, and performance verification efforts. The rapid growth of our team, programs, and product potential is just beginning, and you will bring a critical skill to our diverse and talented team. We are building a communications platform for the next network frontier, and that begins with an engineering team of uncommon capability and visionary leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
- High-reliability EEE parts selection, standardization, qualification, and performance verification
- EEE part expertise and support on aerospace programs, review customer requests for proposals, statements of work, and specifications to identify parts requirements.
- Develop a roadmap for state-of-the-art parts and components, and work with the engineering design team for an effective product upgrade strategy
- Evaluate components for compliance with industry requirements such INST-002, AEC-Q100, TOR, JEDEC, and others.
- Generate EEE part procurement and screening documents for military and aerospace programs as required by commercial and DoD standards and contracts.
- Write and review Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to component level procurement and test control documents.
- Review screening and test data received from manufacturers and test laboratories for compliance to specifications, purchase order requirements, and program contracts.
- Evaluate defective components and failure analysis reports as required. Interface internally with design engineers, reliability engineers, and quality engineers in support of risk mitigation and product development review efforts.
- Perform and review key reliability analyses: prediction, derating, and FMECA.
- Apply military and aerospace industry reliability criteria (MIL-HDBK-217F, MIL-STD-1547B, etc) to analyses and coordinate adjustments for compliance with designers
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Other technical degrees (e.g. Physics, Material Science) will be considered
- Minimum 4 years of relevant prior experience
- Experience in assessing components for compliance with industry requirements such as INST-002, AEC-Q100, TOR, JEDEC, and others
- Experience in writing and reviewing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to component level procurement and test control documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to change an industry and disrupt incumbent players
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work independently under agile development timelines.
- Willingness to learn and work in both a support capacity and as a lead on differing functions.
Preferred experience includes:
- Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant disciplines
- Knowledge and working history with key reliability analyses for space mission hardware (prediction, derating, FMECA, WCA)
- Experience with radiation effects on electronics (TID, SEE) and common mitigation techniques.
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly-growing startup company
- Background in RF or communication technologies
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.