Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add an Electronics Test Engineerto our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge test systems for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test solutions for Cesium’s space communications products. This includes crafting test setups that are modular and reusable, collaborating with engineering teams to develop test requirements, mapping test requirements to reusable test architectures, implementing test plans and procedures, and logging and presenting results to key stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include lab and equipment management.
The Electronics Test Engineer role focuses on the verification and validation of power, digital, and mixed-signal electronics. Technical areas of focus range from high-speed signal integrity to the control loops of point-of-load power electronics. Candidates should have broad experience in board-level electronics testing with a thorough understanding of the circuits at hand.
- Developing test plans to validate power, digital, and mixed-signal electronics against design requirements.
- Designing the test apparatus necessary to complete test objectives such as test racks, data acquisition systems, and custom test hardware and software.
- Performing occasional PCBA rework to facilitate testing, such as performing component swaps or adding test points to a PCBA.
- Performing data analysis after test results, conducting root cause analysis on failures, and presenting results to key stakeholders.
- Provide feedback to process engineers to optimize flying probe programs to test critical components during PCBA acceptance testing.
- Managing the schedule of large test campaigns, including identifying and mitigating schedule risks.
- Defining and implementing project plans, managing milestones, defining actionable targets, and maintaining a workflow that emphasizes accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience with hardware development or electronics test engineering via professional experience.
- Proficiency in power, digital, and mixed-signal measurements, such as eye diagrams, Bode plots for power supplies, and power supply noise characterization.
- Experience in selecting and integrating various test equipment systems and related fixturing.
- Experience automating test equipment with tools such as Python.
Preferred experience includes:
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Developing object-oriented software for test systems.
- PCB design with Altium or a similar electronics design (EDA) tool.
- Testing a custom electronics system with a wide variety of lab equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers.
- Performing root-cause analysis on failures.
- SPICE-based circuit simulation.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.