FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager to lead the Apps Team (iOS, tvOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV). The Apps Team is responsible for building, maintaining, and monitoring our native video-streaming applications on mobile and connected TV platforms. The Apps Team partners closely with our platform, revenue, and acquisition teams to iterate on opportunities that allow us to reach new audiences, retain existing subscribers, and deliver world-class experiences to sports fans around the world.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading and growing a high-performing team of talented native-mobile and backend software engineers. You’ll be relied upon to help drive the strategic vision of our applications alongside our Apps Product Director and Design Lead.
Additionally, you’ll have an impact on elevating the entire Product Engineering Department through close collaboration with others at the leadership level—driving inclusion, diversity, ownership, and autonomy. People who do well on this team are leaders with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation.
Ideally, we would like this position to be located in Austin, but am opened to having the position located remotely for the right candidate.
Does this sound like you? Awesome, let's talk!
• Manage the performance, development, and engagement of direct report employees including hiring, growing, evaluating staff, and recommending or initiating promotions of a high-performance software development team
• Responsible for staying familiar with industry advances that may improve the team’s ability to execute more efficiently
• Ability to collaborate with Product Owners, designers, and QA on scheduling, planning, and sizing of functional specifications and software designs
• Responsible for monitoring project timelines and key development milestones
• Ensures that software design features / objectives are consistent with internal department standards and best practices
• Responsible for monitoring project and skill requirements and ensures appropriate resource levels and mix of competencies among the team
• Regularly collects and analyzes important metrics during the software development phase of a product
• Collaborate regularly with other Engineering Leaders to drive accountability, autonomy, inclusion, diversity, and performance across the department. Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant equivalent experience Job Knowledge / Minimum Requirements
• 5-8 years software development experience required
• 3+ years management and / or team leadership experience in a software development role
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams using software development methodologies
• Demonstrated experience and best practices with multiple teams on simultaneous projects while enabling short development cycles
• Demonstrated ability to focus on process improvements and key performance metrics that add to the overall effectiveness of the development team Technical Skills
• Shipped multiple mobile applications for iOS and Android to their respective Stores Experience delivering Roku, FireTV, or other connected TV applications is a plus
• Experience leading a team of mobile and backend developers
• Strong understanding of Design Patterns to create maintainable software
• Native-mobile application development experience is a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better.
Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
• Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
• Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
• 401(K) company match • Progressive parental leave policies
• Flexible paid vacation and work environment
• Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
• Bring your dog to work- everyday!
• Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
• Modern and collaborative office environment
Please apply online at our careers page: FloSports Engineering Manager