Engineering Manager, Channels
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for our Channels team. The Channels team owns two of our core messaging channels, Push notifications and Content Cards, as well as major components in our sending infrastructure.
Push and Content Cards sit at the heart of our mission is to deliver rich, delightful and useful experiences for end users who live in the diverse ecosystem of mobile, web, wearable, and TV platforms we support.
You will help us expand the flexibility and power of our Channels product portfolio by helping architect, build and optimize new features, message types, and product enhancements. You’ll participate in architecture planning, pull request reviews, and recruiting. Additionally, you’ll optimize processes for the team’s success, facilitate discourse, support engineers’ growth, and work with the team’s product manager to keep team efforts on target for product goals.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success, with 1+ years managing high performing teams
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Experience with distributed systems, Go, MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, Datadog, EC2, Kubernetes, React, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, could all be beneficial
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $180,000 and $225,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $225,000 and $250,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.