Engineering Manager - Experience at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Experience Group at Invitae develops our patient and physician facing applications as well as major components of our internal production system. Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale.
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated Engineering Manager who thrives in working across various stakeholder groups to translate business and stakeholder requirements into best-in-class technical solutions, as well as mentoring and leading software team members.
What you'll do:
- Mentoring software staff in technical aspects
- Help facilitate problem solving across teams and groups
- Help translate business requirements across the company to best-in-class experiences
- Being hands-on with our production code and driving technical excellence within the team
- Help grow the team by recruiting, interviewing and closing engineering candidates
What you bring:
- Identify more as “team captain and coach” rather than “commander in chief”
- Self-motivated individuals who are mission driven - you’re able to make progress towards team and group goals with minimal guidance
- Strong software engineers with potential to lead and/or previous team management experience - you’ve worked on and shipped complex software systems, including web services, and are ready to guide others to do the same
- Passion for software craftsmanship, quality, automation and continuous improvement.
- Hands-on, technical leadership that likes being in and close to the code and not just the design and architecture.
- Experience in web/mobile product development in a full time, hands on (coding) role.
- Strong agile development experience
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high performance engineering teams
- Technical experience designing and building cloud and microservice-based architectures
- Openness to small levels of travel as needed
- Preferred: Experience with technologies such as Python, Django, Node.js, ReactJS, AWS, and Docker
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization . We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.