Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you a maker who loves to build teams and products to solve real problems for customers? Atlassian is looking for an Engineering Manager to join Halp, a recent acquisition and fast growing business that continues to operate like a startup.
Halp is a conversational ticketing product for all teams that receive requests inside Slack and Microsoft Teams, and impacts hundreds of thousands of employees at future-thinking companies like Peloton, Pinterest, and Unity.
You will work closely with our product management and design team to deliver rapidly and incrementally, experiment to explore new ideas, and focus on continuous improvement in every aspect of what we do. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
- You have experience leading a high-performing team of engineers, including managing and shipping cross-functional or multi-team projects.
- You enjoy collaborating with Product Management and UX Design on the product discovery & delivery lifecycle.
- You have a passion for understanding customers and their needs, and encourage engineers to do the same.
- You've done frontend and backend application development on a SaaS product with some popular current tools & technologies (React, GraphQL, Node, TypeScript, etc). You're endlessly curious about the technologies your team works with and strive to keep your technical knowledge sharp — but you also feel comfortable knowing your greatest impact won't be as a technical contributor.
- You place a tremendous value on good communication and appreciate async- and remote-friendly working practices. You know how to pick the right communication tool for the problem at hand (chat, video, email, etc.).
- You understand methodologies like Agile, XP, and Lean, and see their value, but don't believe there's only one right way to get work done.
- You are comfortable with the pace and trade offs of an early stage startup. You know how to take care of yourself and your team, get your work done without working around the clock, prioritize ruthlessly, be able to tolerate a little uncertainty.
- You’re based in the US or Canada with at least 1 year of relevant engineering management or leadership experience.
- You have a U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
- Enable your multi-functional team to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Ability to drive technical and operational excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
- Grow your team members careers and keep them engaged.
- Support your team by holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, and resolving conflicts.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make solid technical decisions.
- Help to prioritize and coordinate the team’s work alongside your product management and design peers.
- Continuously improve Halp’s engineering team and processes.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.