Babylon Platform Partnerships aims to put our products & services in the hands of everyone through our B2B partnerships.
We look after the scoping, configuration, localization and delivery for all our partner deals, ensuring on-time and safe deployments. We build and maintain the tools needed to make our products more configurable, helping Babylon scale. We also look after our major white label solutions, in particular MyCare by Telus Health in Canada and Babyl in Rwanda.
As an Engineering Manager on our Platform Partnership team you will be a front-line manager for an established team of developers, ensuring the software that our growing network of partners meets requirements and is built to the required quality.
👋 PLEASE NOTE: We have open Engineering Manager roles within our Telus MyCare and Configuration Portal teams (below)
PLATFORM PARTERSHIP STRUCTURE
- TELUS MYCARE: A dedicated team that delivers new functionality and localization specific to Canada.
- CONFIGURATION PORTAL: Building tools that enable our processes for client delivery to continuously improve
- CLIENT DELIVERY: Implementation of new deals. Interfacing with all other departments within Babylon and directly with the client to ensure accurate scoping and on-time delivery
- POPULATION HEALTH: Creation of outreach programs that encourage adoption and usage of Babylon services by our B2B2C members.
- BABYL RWANDA: A dedicated team that builds, maintains and operates our technology used by our very popular service in Rwanda. We are using our success in Rwanda as a template for our developing nations strategy moving forward!
- Line management responsibility for IC roles (engineers), typically 6 - 10
- Act as first escalation point for business and other technical stakeholders
- Initiate and iterate product requirements specs, technical designs, testing, and release plans
- Work cross-functionally to assess and mitigate security risks
- Assume Tech Lead/Staff role as needed
- Share technical context and direction with less-experienced engineers
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of commercial or open-source software development
- Experience of working in teams in a leadership (if not necessarily line management) role
- Knowledge of popular software frameworks for the relevant language (desirable)
- Understanding of software testing methodologies
- Understanding of relevant technologies, including databases and cloud deployment
- Line management skills, including setting direction, mentoring and performance assessment
PERKS AT WORK
- Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme
- Parking reimbursement
- Accrued PTO of 20 days + public holidays
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Access to flexible spending account and health savings account
- Competitive retirement plan
- Flexible working hours/remote working options
- Weekly remote yoga sessions
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.