Civitas Learning is bringing together the best of new technology, design thinking, and data science in our mission to help one million more students graduate each year. We are building a data platform and cloud-based applications to deliver insights and action analytics to the frontlines of education. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it all happen, and do the best work of their careers.
We are looking for a dedicated, high achieving Engineering Manager who will lead a talented, mission driven team that is building powerful tools to greatly increase student success. Our Engineering Managers know how to lead an engineering organization into building the right product that solves the right needs at the right time. Furthermore, our Engineering Managers are the glue between the engineering team and the rest of the organization to ensure we are solving the needs of the organization.
- Lead a group of talented engineers through all stages of product development (requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment) in order to make our customers successful.
- Recruit and create excellent teams.
- Build and maintain a successful collaborative relationship with groups outside of engineering including Product Management, Operations, and Customer Success.
- Provide clear communication of project status and risks to stakeholders.
- Estimate, plan, and manage team capacity across evolving product goals.
- Adopt a continuous improvement methodology within engineering.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years management of highly agile development teams
- 4+ years as a developer writing world class software
- Expert in some form of Agile management methodologies
- Proven ability to mentor engineers through their career growth
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to partner with key stakeholders including Product Management, Support, and QA
Experience with some of the following is a huge bonus:
- REST API design
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.), being proficient with SQL
- Spring based microservices/Spring Boot
- Web accessibility
- Git (or other modern source control)
- Build Management (Gradle, Maven, etc.)
- Runtime Configuration Management (e.g. 12 Factor Apps)
- Continuous Build Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.)
- Secure development practices
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning has more than 350 colleges and universities as customers, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including a company-wide bonus program, medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.