Engineering Manager at AppSumo (Austin, TX)
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, NJ, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateEngineering ManagerMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn’t have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?About This Role
This job is about assessing where the biggest business opportunities exist on our site and implementing cutting-edge solutions that improve the AppSumo platform. In this role, you’ll work on customer-facing products, mentoring a growing engineering team, and watching the team you support impact millions of users! We work hard and ship fast, but we still keep a high bar for quality and testing.
- Working with our product and design team to deeply understand and communicate the needs of our users
- Distilling strategy and business needs into a measurable roadmap for your engineering team
- Mentoring engineers and helping your team progress in their careers
- Hiring and retaining great talent
- Providing a safety net for engineering teams to explore and learn, but still drive positive business impact
- Partnering closely with customer support to respond to user issues and solve them in a permanent, scalable way
This is a unique role best suited for someone who can fearlessly take a task and run with it, and use their broad expertise to work through the whole stack with confidence. Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably with an e-commerce SaaS/PaaS company, at least 2 years in management
- Knowledge of 3rd party integrations
- Experience owning an entire feature from start to finish
- Experience in managing engineers and roadmaps on a software development team
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.