Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is requiredfor this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an Entry-Level Hardware Design Engineer to our team. The ideal candidate has experience inboard-level electronics design. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge electronics hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
As a Cesium hardware team member, you will be responsible for hardware circuits and systems through all phases of the development process: from initial concept through part selection, schematic design, layout, analysis & simulation, manufacturing, and testing.
Entry-level hardware engineers have the opportunity to hit the ground running with ownership of smaller-scale design projects, while quickly ramping up to designing cutting-edge spaceflight hardware. The successful candidate will learn rigorous hardware design engineering at a fast pace, with the opportunity to present directly to Cesium’s leadership team and customers. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
As an entry-level candidate, please submit the following along with your resume:
- A cover letter describing your interest in our company and in hardware engineering.
- A work sample showcasing your technical writing, documentation, or presentation skills.
Successful candidates will require:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) from an accredited university or institution.
- Extracurricular electronics hardware experience from internships, student organizations, and/or university research.
- Excellent understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and multimeters.
- A passion for electrical engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Circuit board layout, fabrication, and test experience.
- Experience with signal integrity and power integrity analyses.
- Experience with worst-case circuit analysis.
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.