Front-end Engineer - Marketing Engineering at Cloudflare (Austin, TX or Remote)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Work with Cloudflare to exemplify its mission to help make the internet a better place and make the Cloudflare.com web property suite best in class. Build new web experiences, feature enhancements, and functionality as part of an experiment-driven team that fuels company growth through intelligent innovation. The Cloudflare.com website has a 680 global Alexa rank with over 1 million visitors per week. With this volume of traffic, your work impacts millions of users around the globe.
What you'll do
- Partner with the web experience team to build high-quality pages, forms and experiences to help Cloudflare hit growth targets.
- Build A/B tests to continually optimize for acquisition, activation, retention, and monetization metrics
- Design and improve processes and tools for global outreach to our target demographics across a multitude of marketing channels
- Provide daily support to our Marketing team on various improvements on user-facing communication
- Use your expertise to build smart functionality and provide actionable insights that continue to drive growth
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong experience building web pages and functionality for A/B testing
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics or similar web analytics platforms
- Experience working with A/B testing platforms such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, SiteSpect, or similar
- Understanding of design systems
- Basic understanding of *nix and the command line
- Expert knowledge of modern software development practices: distributed version control systems, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Ability to scope out new features, writing tickets and coding wireframes
- Ability to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Gatsby
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.