Front End Web Developer
Front End Web Developer
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for an experienced frontend to fullstack engineer who is enthusiastic about creating amazing user facing applications. You’ll focus primarily on extending and improving the Aceable learning web application alongside a talented and caring group of fellow client developers, API engineers, product managers, software architects, and quality assurance testers.
Aceable is a modern education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
We are a team that cares heavily about the quality of product and our student’s learning experience. The Internal Tools and Learning App teams come from a variety of backgrounds, thrive on collaboration and respect, and push each other daily to do their best. We ask the same of any new hire and are always excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the table.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the development, and performance of the Aceable Learning JS Web App
- Work closely with in-house designers to help drive the design of the web application
- Drive the architecture and technical design of the web application
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Familiar with AngularJS and JS framework concepts
- A drive to help upgrade the app into modern frameworks (React or Vue)
- Experience with consuming RESTful API endpoints
- Good stylesheet hygiene (low specificity, can work with BEM concepts)
- Good CSS hygiene
- Comfortable with Webpack
- Comfortable with command line
- Comfortable with Chrome/IDE Debugging
- Can work with git to version your code, comfortable with Github
- Angular 1 experience 2+ years
- Comfortable with SASS
- Understanding of API concepts
- ES6/ES7 knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Dealing with Heroku pipelines and deployments
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.